Changing Skill Hotkeys for Grid

PostPosted: Wed 9. Nov 2011, 22:21
I am using Grid Hotkeys (laddering ftw :D) and for me the hotkeys for the skills are D F G Y

I know that the skills usually order by their position in the (normal) skill bar so I think it wouldn't be to much work to change the hotkeys to either SDFG or ASDF for Grid users.
This would make the game smoother to play if you use your hotkeys like me.
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed 9. Nov 2011, 23:50
Yeah, thats something thats bothering me too. But the grid is fixed.

Q W E R T for an example are the first five buttons of the command keys.
A S D F G is the second row.
Y X C V B the third.

I changed the layout so we have just one row with 11 command keys. Grid layout will still start to count from command key 1. So we get Q W E R T A S D F G Y.

I can change the hotkeys, but for grid users this won't change at all. At least I don't know a way to do so.

(Note: If your not using grid for hotkeys then you might see that many skills haven't been assigned to a hotkey.)
PostPosted: Thu 10. Nov 2011, 17:02
Couldn't you use a Hidden classic UI from which you take the skills to the visible one?

btw: sorry if this is actually ridiculously stupid because I dunno much about SC2 mapping^^
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed 16. Nov 2011, 10:05
That sounds strange ^^
PostPosted: Wed 16. Nov 2011, 23:55
I warned you :P

But I think I know where the problem is.
You skipped 2 slots (A S) between attack move and the first skills in the UI :P
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu 17. Nov 2011, 10:21
They weren't exactly skipped. I just wanted the gap between the movements and abilities instead of having it behind the abilities. Even if I'm changing that this wouldn't fix it for you. As soon as I'm implementing new abilities you would have the same "problem" again.

Grid layout isn't useful for custom UIs I guess. But maybe I'll find another solution for this.

Return to Ideas